Sales Manager Full Time
The Full Time Sales Manager’s (FTSM) purpose is to uphold the Carter’s mission, vision, and values in order to support a high performing team that consistently delivers top end results. The FTSM in partnership with the store management team, oversees the overall productivity for their store. The FTSM responsibility includes supporting the management team in driving financial results through exceptional store standards, execution of company strategies, and positive customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST IMPORTANT)
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the team; management and associates.
- Regularly communicates employee concerns to the Store Manager for quick resolution.
- Assists in hiring; actively recruits and completes candidate application review to ensure open positions are filled timely.
- Offers consistent, in the moment, feedback to store team.
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance to increase employee engagement.
- Receives feedback with positive intent and makes efforts to take appropriate action on that feedback.
- Partners with Store Manager to address performance concerns of associates.
- Maintains the Company standard of a neat, clean, and organized store.
- Meets and demonstrates exceptional customer service behaviors and maintains high standards throughout the store.
- Responsible for leading and executing an assigned Division of Responsibility (DOR) through planning and detailed follow through.
- Performs Leader on Duty responsibilities by driving results and responds to customer concerns timely and with appropriate resolution.
- Assists store management with modifying schedules based on business climate to maximize sales and productivity.
- Regularly communicates with Store Manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business.
- Utilizes customer feedback to identify areas of opportunity to implement actions to drive results.
- Supports the planning and execution of store processes and merchandise placement in an efficient manner while following brand guidelines.
- Supports store team with Asset Protection through a consistent level of customer service, education, and operational controls.
- Executes Company directives within timelines including visual, signage, markdowns, and sales promotions.
- Builds customer loyalty through the company sponsored programs.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed per company standards.
Education / Experience Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school degree or GED minimum requirement, Associates degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year in retail store management.
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills.
- Demonstrates strong listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling.